This is currently mission 33. There are three bathrooms on the ISS. I did not realize that the station was compartmentalized by country, seems like the Americans, Japanese and Russians stick to their quadrant. The ISS seems fairly spacious. I want to jump around a tunnel in zero gravity.
Artist Berndnaut Smilde creates stunning indoor clouds. More here. h/t Jenna.
The New Yorker best of list here… I am a sucker for lists.
Ben Franklin’s 13 Virtues
- Temperance. Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
- Silence. Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
- Order. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
- Resolution. Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
- Frugality. Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing.
- Industry. Lose no time; be always employ’d in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
- Sincerity. Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
- Justice. Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
- Moderation. Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
- Cleanliness. Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths, or habitation.
- Tranquillity. Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
- Chastity. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another’s peace or reputation.
- Humility. Imitate Jesus and Socrates.
A cacophony of sound, this shit is ridiculous. In the process of making a mix, hopefully be DJing again soon.
I like this cover of The Police – Walking on the Moon a bunch.
On repeat. The eponymously named album is growing on me each listen. Cast includes Nigel Godrich, producer/engineer for Radiohead. The Four Tet remix is stellar.
Um, this is ridiculous. Click for animation. More here.
This list compiled by Rolling Stone has kept me busy checking out old school beats on youtube. My quibbles are with Scenario as the best Tribe song and Paul Revere as the best Beasties song.
Remake of the favorite Star Trek film, The Wrath of Khan. Also directed by J.J. Abrams, looks promising.